The Student’s Evangelical Union of Govt. J Thankima College is established on 29th September 2009. It is a campus ministry and it has been registered under the ‘Mizoram Student’s Evangelical Union’ (MSEU): Headquarters: Aizawl. Committee members and advisers of the GJTC SEU are appointed/elected annually.
Aims and objectives of the SEU are mainly:
• To extend possible help to students academically and spiritually;
• To encourage them to keep away from intoxicant and harmful habits, and guiding them to possess the true community spirits and become invaluable citizens.
Source of income:
The source of income is mainly from faith promise, contribution, donation, and fundraising.
Resolutions of the unit were usually made by the Committee of the College Student Evangelical Union. Fellowship was organised twice in a week. The Student’s Evangelical Union Choir used to participate in the College function, marriage of the members and other MSEU programmes. SEU members attended annual Orientation Training Camp and Spiritual Convention organised by MSEU.
The College Divinition Youth Adventure Club was established on 20th January 2017; There are 52 members at present. Though young but promising, the Club had participated in the Search and Rescue Training organized by the Deptt of Sports & Youth Service at Vaipuanpho on 24th – 28th January 2017, Voluntary Blood Donation organized by Inter-College Youth Adventure Club on 31st January 2017 at Civil Hospital, Aizawl and 42 members from the Club has donated blood for the sick and needy.
The Club also participated in the Adventure Course Training Program organised on 24th February 2017 – 10th March 2017. On 30th September 2017, 14 members of the Club had participated in the PUC Rope Access Competition. In this Competition, from the male category, the Club was awarded the 1st position in Catwalk Climbing and 2nd position in Upward Transversing.
The College Cultural Club was formed in the year 2010 under the initiative taken by the Students’ Union of the college. The Club had contributed a great deal in enriching the Campus life by practicing Traditional Dances and songs from time to time, instilling the importance of preserving our Cultural heritage and takes initiative in observing Cultural Day at the College Annual Week.
The Club at present is a recognised Cultural Club, and have been invited to participate in different events. The Club also performed annually at the MZP and MSU Conferences and at Zofest. Apart from these, the College Cultural Club had participated in important Festival observed by the State Government.
The History Club of Government J. Thankima College was established and inaugurated on 24th February 2017, and its draft Constitution was approved on 7th July 2017. All History Core Students of every Semester and Elective Students of different Core subjects who are interested in joining the Club are eligible for membership. The Principal is the Patron and all the faculties of the Department faculties advisors of the Club. The Club strives to actively offer important life Skills like leadership, teamwork, communication, and critical thinking. The Club endeavors to encourage respect and appreciation for one’s culture and history.
The History Club had recently organized a Seminar cum First Annual Meet on 11th August 2017 at the College Campus and on the occasion, Mr. H. Lalrinfela (Mafaa Hauhnar) an eminent Mizo contemporary writer was invited and he delivered a special lecture on the importance of “History and Research for the Development of Mizoram”.
The Govt. J. Thankima College English Literary Club was established on 28th September 2017 under the English department of the College.
The English Literary Club (ELC) is committed to tapping the effective communication talent among students, and the Club is poised to enable the talents with cutting edge.
The Club is an organ of motivational force to many aspiring students who want to excel in all-round activities of academic sessions.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
- To increase awareness and language skills (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing) of students in the English language.
- To foster a love for the English language; to enhance literary creativity and provide an avenue for self-expression beyond the curriculum.
- To develop and hone the literary skills of the students; to inspire the students to develop a taste for literature and to work in the direction of educating their spoken and written language. It is intricate in a variety of activities aimed at building up the confidence and grooming the talents of the students in facing various interpersonal activities and competitions.
- To create an interest and awareness in reading and understanding the aesthetic and moral beauty of English Literature, further binding and strengthening the threads of various culture, religion and language together.
- To encourage students to liberate their thoughts and develop skills to speak their minds in different ways.
- To provide students the opportunity to interact with other members of the club on topics related to language and literature.