Govt. J. Thankima College Branch of Mizoram College Teachers’ Association was founded just after the establishment of J. Thankima College in the year at 1993. As the Association was meant only for the purpose and welfare of the teaching faculties, any persons working in the College under the UGC norms as Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor may become the member of the Association. At present, there are 27 members of the Branch. Each member contributes a sum of Rs. 100/- every month towards the Branch Fund. This fund is mainly utilized for organizing meetings, seminars, contribution to MCTA Headquarters for condolence Fund, conference fees, etc.
The Branch does not have a separate constitution, since it follows the MCTA Headquarters’ Constitution.
- Every member gives a monthly contribution of Rs. 100/- for Branch fund besides annual contribution and condolence fund to the Headquarter.
- Every year the branch sent delegates or representatives to the MCTA Headquarter General conference.
- The term of office of the Branch office bearers expires every two years and elections are conducted for the same.
Office Bearers (2015 – 2017):
- President: Dr. JV Nunchunga (Associate Professor, Deptt. of Economics)
- Vice-President: Dr. C. Lalremruata (Associate Professor and Acting Principal of College)
- Secretary: Lalngaihawma (Assistant Professor, Deptt. of Economics)
- Asst. Secy: Rebecca Khiangte (Associate Professor, Deptt. of History)
- Treasurer: Maria Lalremruati (Assistant Professor, Deptt. of English)
- Finance Secretary: R. Lalbiaktluangi (Associate Professor, Deptt. of History)