Admission timing: Admission shall be open up to mid-June, taking the next day of the publication of Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate (HSSLC) results under Mizoram Board of School Education as the first day.
Eligibility: A candidate passing Secondary School Examination or Class XII from Mizoram Board of School Education (MBSE) or any equivalent recognized board shall be eligible for admission.
Admission Form: The College has a prescribed Application Form, And the duly filled Application Form along with relevant documents shall be submitted to the Principal’s Office within the specified time during office hours.
Requisite Documents: The following documents must be submitted along with the application form.
- Attested copies of Mark sheets of HSLC and HSSLC.
- A provisional certificate of HSSLC.
- Transfer Certificate for students from outside Mizoram.
- Migration Certificate for students from outside Mizoram.
- Two copies of latest passport size photo.
- Any other supporting documents for those who applied within the reservation quotas.
Reservation: Reservation of seats in the College has been given as follows:
- ST/SC, OBCs/PwD as per Government of India norms.
- 5% of available seats shall be reserved for sports personnel.
- 5% of the available seat is reserved for candidates from remote areas.
- 5% of the available seat is reserved for children of Alumni.
Once admitted, each student shall be issued a College Identity Card (ID) which shall serve as a Library Card to avail the College Library facilities. The Identity Card should be renewed in every Semester through the Principal or any other designated authority of the College. Students failing to renew their IDs shall forfeit their entitlement to avail the Library facilities as well as the rights to participate in the Students’ Union elections and other students activities.
Subjects offered and its combination
The College is affiliated to Mizoram University and follows the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) adopted by Mizoram University.
Subjects offered and their subject combinations are listed hereunder.
|Core Course||Combination of Elective subjects. Any two subjects must be opted by each students.|
Core Subject: At the time of admission, a candidate shall choose any one of the Core Course subjects as Core Subject, and two other subjects from the subject combination list as Elective Subjects.
Change of Core Subject: Change of Core Subject is available only for the 4th Semester Class. And if, for many reasons, a student desire to change his/her Core Subject, it may be done by applying the same using the ‘Core Change Form’ which is available in the office as well as in the ‘Download’ section of the College website https://jtc.edu.in.