One Day National Webinar
Special Lecture on ‘Modelling Relationship Between Variables: Some New Development
Date: 28h October, 2021: 8:00 pm
Name of Dept/Organiser : Department of Economics , Govt. J.Thankima College
Date and Time : 27th October, 2021, 8:00pm
Venue : Zoom Meeting
No. of Participants : 77
Objective of the Webinar:
- To enable one to effectively conduct research – a statistically integrated research work be specific.
- To promote statistical literacy which promotes quality of learning, teaching and data presentation.
Resource person: Dr.S.K Jha, Associate Prof, department Of Statistics, North Easter Hill University (NEHU)
The Program: The Host for the night’s webinar was Dr lalrinkimi Pachuau, Asst.Professor, Department of Economics; Mr Jha was formally introduced and his educational background and accomplishments as an academician was highlighted by the host.
The Speaker for the night was handed over the session, where he put together a rather well-co-ordinated presentation, making sure his audience grasped the matter in hand; timely addressing questions and doubts the participants had during his lecture and outside the realm of his lecture.
After the power point presentation, a segment for question and answer was opened, where questions were asked by the participants from what have been presented; and patiently and insightfully answered by Dr. Jha.
Ms. Lalrinfeli, HoD, Department of Economics wrapped up the webinar with a well-versed vote of thanks and the seminar ended shortly after.
The webinar was attended by participants from within and outside the institution and also by participants outside the State. Feedback form was being circulated via Google form following the end of the session, the result of which was positively overwhelming and retrospective.
Outcome of the Event:
- The participants of the webinar acknowledged a new-found importance and crucial need of statistics in Academics, especially in the field of research and exploration. This instils room for development and the thirst for a more elaborate study of Statistics.
- The webinar, as stated by the participants was indeed fruitful and contributed greatly to their research studies, underlining their understanding of Regression and the new modelling techniques that came with it.
- The session overall was highly informative, critical and enlightening. It challenged the minds and inspired the participants towards attaining a more specified learning and application of Statistics.