Date: 27th October, 2021: 8:00 pm
Name of Dept/Organiser : Department of Economics and Department of Management, Govt. J.Thankima College
Date and Time : 27th October, 2021, 8:00pm
Venue : Zoom Meeting
No. of Participants : 62
Objective of the Webinar:
- To make the study of economics more inclusive and more intensive
- To educate the participants on the economic condition of the North Eastern region of India and the various concerns and prospects of its economy.
Resource person: Mrinal Kanti Dutta, PhD, Professor (Economics), Department of Humanities and Social Science, IIT Guwahati.
The Program: The Host of the webinar was Mr. Albert Nuntharmawia, Asst.Professor, Department of Management, GJTC. Mr Albert gave a thorough introduction of the night’s resource person- his educational background and personal accomplishments, after which the aforesaid, Dr Mrinal was handed over the session, giving a well-structured and detailed presentation on the economic standpoint of the NE region of India, the limitations and strengths of the economic structure, state – wise diversification and dissection in terms of Growth pattern, Income and Production. Dr Mrinal highlighted the prospects of each State in fulfilling the economic dream; particularly Mizoram with its exceptional economic growth cycle. Dr Mrinal offered great insights on the how to tackle specific problems in relation to economic and business output of the State and the Economy of India as a whole.
After the power point presentation, a segment for question and answer was set aside ,where questions were asked by the participants from what have been presented; methodologically tackled and answered accordingly by the Dr Mrinal, the presenter.
Mr Mathew Lalremsanga, Asst.Professor, Department of Management wrapped up the webinar with vote of thanks and the seminar ended shortly after.
The webinar was attended by participants from within and outside the institution and also by participants outside the State. Feedback form was being circulated via Google form following the end of the session, the result of which was positively overwhelming and retrospective.
Outcome of the Event:
- The student participants talked of the relevance and the extent to which the webinar had an impact on their thinking and overall knowledge.
- The Teacher participants felt immense appreciation for the extent to which the presenter had taken trouble collecting the data and its analysis, which contributed to clarity of the issues and matters concerning the economic undertaking of the States.
- DR Mirnal offered policy implications and suggestions that should further impact the steps to be taken to attain economic growth and fulfilment.
The session overall was highly informative, captivating, and enlightening. It stimulated the minds and inspired the participants towards contributing to social and economic equality and development.